I love bandhini patterned fabrics. There were some scrap pieces of bandhini fabric from my moms sewing project which she was going to discard. But I didn't quite have the heart to throw them so I decided to use them to make these fabric covered tins. I used them as stationery holders but they can also be used to hold cutleries and many other things.
To make these fabric covered tins, I used...
- A few used tin cans.
- Scrap pieces of fabric.
- Some ribbons.
- Clear white glue.
The making is very simple too. You have to...
- lay the tin can on its side over the fabric and cut enough material to cover the circumference of the can.
- Apply a thin coat of white glue to the exterior of the tin can.
- carefully wrap the material around the tin can with out and wrinkles or bubbles.
- Let the the glue dry.
- Cut a piece of ribbon enough to fit the cans circumference and apply glue to the inside of the ribbon.
- Stick the ribbon around the tin can and let the glue dry.
Do leave your comments, questions or suggestions! :)