Here is a super easy way to make your own rangoli stencils!
All you need is...
- Styrofoam plate
- A thick needle / nail
- A pencil
Here is how you make it...
- Draw the rangoli / kolam of your choice on the plate with a pencil.
- Poke hole along the lines of the rangoli / kolam with the needle of nail.
- Remove any bit of Styrofoam sticking out on the back of the plate carefully.
- You rangoli stencil is ready!
To make rangoli / kolam on the floor with this stencil,
- Place the stencil on the surface.
- Sprinkle rice flour / rangoli powder over the holes on the stencil.
- Carefully lift the plate off the surface without shaking it.
Here is the result!
Do leave your comments, questions or suggestions! :)